Hi all, I'm Saranya and my journey at MAGS started about 6 months back... Here is short poem that summaries my feelings over this time. Hope you enjoy ! Anxiety on one hand and excitement on the other I reached for the door knob as I wondered. I felt like a little girl again as my eye sank inward And my mind lay plain. There was complete silence as I entered my first class I thought there was no way I could last. But somewhere in my heart I knew it was me who had to give it a start. I went ahead and introduced myself And all of a sudden there was a change I could sense. Everyone looked and then they smiled The experience was slowly turning sweet like candy to a child. Within an hour I made new friends But this is not where my story ends. Subjects and teaching styles are plentiful and vary; Practical or theory, there was nothing to worry. Sports, clubs and activities at every single turn; So much to study and much to learn. The teachers are ...
Bliss Balls Baby! Bliss balls are a super sweet treat to throw in your lunch or to share as a gift for your friends, or teachers ;) But hey, these babies are so good, I'm not sure you'll want to share! Healthy and sweet, you can make them fruity, chocolatey or coconutty- the choice is yours! Ham and Cheese Toasties Croque monsieur Gooey cheese and crispy golden bread- this is the savoury version of foods as good as krispy kreme. Stacked with protein and calcium these will have running in no time! Groovy Smoothies Get on your shake, there is no time to bake, these delicious smoothies are easy to make! Throw in a banana- or a whole bunch, these are the best things you'll ever have for lunch :) Satisfying Salads This beautiful salad is a masterpiece in it's own! Straight from the Auckland art gallery, this beauty is healthy, delicious and aesthetic- I've never seen a salad look and taste so good.
As most year 11s will know, exam week is looming and we are feeling the pressure. Being our first year of NCEA, many of us are unaware of how exams work and how to study, so it is important that we are aware of what we are doing in each subject and start studying early. It is also important to be aware of things that you may need to memorise, such as quotes, equations, or formulas. Starting to memorise things early increases the likelihood that you will remember it. Here are some great ways to study: Make a study timetable - This will ensure that the workload is evened out across a longer period of time rather than squished into a last-minute late-night session! e.g. Monday afternoons for English, Tuesday afternoons for Maths etc. Maybe allocate more time towards subjects you aren't as confident in. Using Quizlets/flashcards for key terms/definitions or making a Kahoot! to do with friends. Study groups - Studying with friends can be very distracting, but you...
Comments
Post a Comment