Mute

All around me is quiet,
I desperately try to search for a sound, vibration or anything… but there’s nothing
6210 days- 6210 days I haven’t heard a sound
My whole life practically- actually no- my whole life completely- has been like this
I wasn’t blessed with the ability to hear, so why was I blessed with the ability to see
Seeing peoples mouths moving, but not being able to put the words together-it infuriates me
I open my mouth to try to communicate, but all that comes out is a cry of helplessness
People eye me like a magnet wherever I go
Their eyes say it, I may not be able to hear but I certainly can see
Their eyes are full of confusion, awkwardness and worst of all… pity
Imagine never being able to hear how your own mother and father sound like
Imagine how frustrating it is to have to constantly stare at the small tool bar in the trains to know when to get off
Imagine how useless I feel knowing I will never survive on my own
And those are only a small portion of hardships that come with it
I know everyone has hardships, but the last thing I need on this earth is pity
I didn’t choose this life-this life chose me
I didn’t do anything which resulted in this- but it came naturally.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Captivating Holiday Reads!

French Exchange 2019

Little Ways to be Eco Friendly