Experience at e-book club ☺

To be honest, I didn’t expect a lot of people to go to the e-book club…, just because I know that a lot of people consider e-books to not be ‘real’ books. Seriously? Books are books. They all tell stories, and It shouldn’t matter what format you read them in, whether it be an e-book, audiobook, or a physical paper leaved book. It’s the content that counts. Surely.

Imagine my delight and surprise when I entered N8 down the very back of school, and saw a wide range of students from different year levels and ethnicities represented. It's NOT only those device hogging year 9s! 

The atmosphere was absolute fun as everyone was free to express their own interests in reading. We were even encouraged to show our inner nerd or geek. 

During our first session we talked about Fanfiction. New for some people but IMHO they are absolutely addicting to read. In case you don’t know what this is, Fan-fiction is basically just stories written by fans about their favorite book, movie, anime, TV series, game - basically anything - and a crazy combination of all of the above. 

A few of us (including me) were thrilled to introduce the rest of the e-book club to this wonderful crazy world, where once you’re in, you’re never going out. That’s why for our first group read we decided that we would read a Hunger Games fanfic, since it’s a franchise we all knew about. With this being fanfiction, there is a huge amount of stories we could choose from. The one I’m planning to read is actually a Harry Potter and Hunger Games Xover where people in Hogwarts have their own version of THG. 

Really. Friggin’. Cool.


                 I’m pointing at you, ‘The Hobbit’ (I love you Thorin, Kili & Fili!!!!)
                           

It was a riot talking to thereat of these people, my hopefully-soon-to-be-friends, who are all passionate about similar interests. Even though I was at first reluctant to check out this club (since I don’t really attend real life book clubs very much) I’m so glad that I decided to join. It’s worth trying things that you thought you weren’t interested in. You never know, your opinion might get changed…

Courtesy of Arielle Aguilar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French Exchange 2019

Captivating Holiday Reads!

Little Ways to be Eco Friendly