Top 10 Books to read in the holidays
10. 1984 By George Orwell
- If you hated Animal Farm then this is the book for you, a book by George Orwell that is actually interesting and fresh. This book feels modern and so much different from Animal Farm and is also interesting story-wise.
9 . Batman The Long Halloween By Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
- It's nearly Halloween so... why not a delightful story about a serial killer starring Batman? The art is amazing and very different from other styles. The mystery is intriguing and the final chapters are amazing as the the story comes to the conclusion.
8. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
- I have never been a fan of the Hunger games but the final movie is coming soon so it might be good to catch up on the series to be ready for the movie, which does actually look pretty awesome.
7. Guardians of the Galaxy (Series) By Brian Michael Bendis and Multiple Artists
- The movie was the biggest movie of this year and probably one of the best of it as well. So why not check out this new series, it a great read and introduces a bunch of new characters with some amazing art and the writing by Bendis is the some of the best I've ever read.
I am Groot
6. Artemis Fowl (Series) By Eoin Colfer
- If you like Harry Potter and are still missing it since the last movie, well this is the story for you, this series is great and the characters are awesomely... characterized. They are likable and unique from any character I have seen in anything I have seen before. This series is unlike any other and a must read.
5. The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- This book is good, but not worthy of all the over the top praise it receives. Guaranteed tears, defiantly but not a flawless piece of art. With the movie now out and reviceing a lot of love you might want to check the source materiel for the parts that may have been left out. A all together good read and worth a least having a look at.
4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time by Mark Haddon
- This is a mystery story unlike any other. The title directly quotes a line from a Sherlcok Holmes story. This one-off book has received a huge amount of acclaim and several awards plus the concept of the entire story is very interesting, a must read.
3. The Night Circus By Erin Morgenstern
- A beautifully written book full of magic mystery and adventure. Set in a circus where many strange and wonderful events accumulate to form an incredibly elaborate plot. This is a must read.
2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Series) By Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer
- If you like adventure, dark humor, normal humor, people getting into awful situations and sci-fi then this is the book for you. Arthur Dent is having a very bad day, his house gets demolished, his planet gets demolished and he gets dropped into space to die and it gets worse from then. This book is amazingly written and one of my all time favorites.
1. Nailbiter (Series) By Joshua Williamson and Mike Henderson
WARNING- MATURE READERS ONLY.
- This list is full of a bunch of very bleak titles and here's one more, and very disturbing at that. Yes this is a comic, but not a superhero one, and a very good one at that. Huge amounts of great reviews will back me up. This book tells the story of a cop who goes to investigate the disappearance of a cop who was looking into a town which has spawned a bunch of serial killers over the years, it also focuses on the most infamous of them, and this is were it gets gross, the Nailbiter, a serial killer who finds people who bite their nails and bites off their nails and murders them. But it's great... trust me. MATURE READERS ONLY.